Created in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action Against Hunger focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action Against Hunger provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, you will be in charge of defining the strategies and coordinating activities in the fields of health and nutrition.
More specifically, your responsibilities will be to:
– Provide technical support through regularly monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Health and Nutrition programs, projects and activities at mission level;
– Define the Health and Nutrition country strategy and positioning, coordinate needs identification and the formulation of project proposals;
– Promote capitalization through analysis and collection of qualitative and quantitative data;
– Ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectoral coordination and technical forums, and develop sectoral partnerships
You have a medical or paramedical background with preferably a Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health or Social sciences, and 5 years of minimum professional experience with NGOs including 2 years prior experience in a similar or comparable position, in both emergency and development contexts.
You have a confirmed technical expertise in Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, New Born and Child Health (SRMNCH), and pharmacy management.
An experience in Health System Strengthening, Adolescent Health, Nutrition Surveillance, and the implementation of integrated approaches (MHCP/Nut-WASH/Nut, FSL/Nut) would be an asset.
You also have strong abilities to design strategies and provide technical support in project proposal development.
Excellent diplomacy, negotiation representation, and advocacy skills are required.
Your English is fluent (spoken and written), and the knowledge of the Burmese language is an asset.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation for International candidates, and Myanmar labor law for National candidates
– The package will depend on the nature of the contract (national or international) according to ACF’s Compensation and Benefits policy
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on this link / To apply, please click on this following link: apply here